Privacy & Security Version 1.2 updated 5/23/2018
Information we collect
• Information you provide: We collect information when you voluntarily provide it, as when registering for an account or entering your payment and shipping information during the checkout process. Information we collect may include but not be limited to your email address, name, shipping and billing address, and payment card information.
• Data we collect automatically: When you interact with the site, we receive certain information such as your IP address and your activities on the site. We may store such information, or it may be included in databases owned and maintained by third-party service providers. We may use such information, in combination with other information, to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our site.
• Email Interactions: We may receive a confirmation when you open or otherwise interact with our email communications. We use this information to improve our customer service and the effectiveness of our email communications.
Cookies and tracking pixels
Cookies are textual data that are stored on your computer and sent by your browser along with requests to the originating website. A tracking pixel is a small image that is used to convey information to a web server.
- Essential Cookies: We employ cookies to keep track of your website preferences and to keep your session secure.
- Analytics Cookies: We also employ cookies from third-party analytics services (such as Google Analytics) to collect general information about our users that is aggregated for statistical analysis.
- Marketing Cookies: We use third-party marketing cookies (eg, from Facebook and Google) to personalize ads for Atomic Empire that you may see on external websites.
Where information is processed
Our servers are located in the United States of America; regardless of where you are located, you are consenting to the processing and transferring of your information in and to the US.
How your information is used
We use the information you provide in order to provide the services you request, including order fulfillment, event registration, email correspondence, etc. We may also use information we gather to better understand our users and improve our website and services.
Legal basis for handling your personal information
Our legal grounds for collecting and handling your personal information include:
- To fulfill our obligations to you as a customer, including order fulfillment, account services, etc.
- Legitimate interests: In some cases, we handle personal information to further legitimate interests in ways that are not overridden by the interests or rights of the individuals in question. This includes:
- Providing a safe and enjoyable user experience
- Customer service
- Marketing, in the form of personalized advertising and email communications
- Protecting our users, personnel, and property
- Analyzing and improving our website and services
- Legal compliance: we may disclose personal information if required by law.
- Consent: we may handle personal information on the basis of your implied or express consent.
We will only share information with third-party service providers to the extent that it is necessary in order to provide the services you, as a customer, have requested.
• Shipping vendors: Your shipping address will be provided to vendors such as FedEx or the USPS in order to print labels to ship orders and subscriptions.
• Fraud prevention services: We may share your IP address, billing address, limited payment card information (but not full card numbers), and email address with services that help us to identify and prevent fraudulent payment-card transactions. We do this for the protection of our users and other cardholders who may be at risk.
• Payment-card processors: When you provide a payment card through our site, it is stored in a secure third-party vault along with your billing address. Payment cards are retained for a limited time after transactions are complete, unless you have asked us to save the card for future transactions.
• Email service providers: We may transmit certain information (including your email address and order details) to third-party email delivery services for the purpose of sending order confirmations, shipping notices, and with your consent, marketing emails and newsletters.
• Website analytics partners: Information including your IP address and a unique identifier may be transmitted to third-party analytics services such as Google Analytics for the purpose of improving our service and understanding our users.
• Business acquisition: In the case that Atomic Empire is acquired or declares bankruptcy, personal information may be considered a transferable asset.
• Aggregated or non-identifiable data: We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others for business purposes.
Information you volunteer (such as ideas for improving our website or a customer testimonial) will be considered non-confidential, and we are free to reproduce, use, disclose, and distribute such information without limitation or attribution.
Your data rights and choices
We provide a settings page here where you can opt in or out of receiving some non-essential cookies. You may also use this page to request access to or delete the personal information we have stored about you. If you place a request, we will respond within 30 days.
Our website is intended for users age 13 and over, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child and believe s/he has disclosed personal information to us, please contact us here.
We generally retain personal information for as long as it is relevant to the purposes identified in this policy. To dispose of personal information, we may anonymize it, delete it, or take other appropriate steps. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
We will use all reasonable measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. Your account is protected by a password, and transmissions to our site are secured by 128-bit SSL encryption. Email is not a secure form of transmission, so users should be mindful of which information they choose to send through email. We will never transmit unencrypted personal information to our third-party service providers.